Fireburst is a unique range of anamorphic streak and coloured star effect filters. These rectangular filters are currently available in eight colours and anamorphic streak, 4 point and 6 point stars. Fireburst is a unique range of anamorphic streak and star effect filters. These rectangular filters are currently available in 8 different colours and anamorphic streak, 4 point and 6 point stars, with 8 point stars scheduled for release later in the year.
- In addition to the stated colour, the effect is slightly refractive, enabling the filter to pick up and enhance surrounding colours in the image
- Anamorphic streak filter comes in three variations, 1mm, 2mm and 3mm with the measurement relating to the distance between the threads in the filter
- 1mm filters will give the most prominent streak and this effect will reduce in the 2mm and again in the 3mm
- 4 and 6 point stars are all at 3mm spacing
- Effect will also vary according to the size, prominence and contrast of the points of light picked up by the filter against the ambient light
- Daytime shot of reflected sun can give a fine, subtle effect whereas shooting against streetlights later in the day or at night will give a much stronger effect
- The applications for star and anamorphic streak filters are limited only by your imagination