Extends DVI-D and USB 2.0 peripherals up to 200 feet (60 meters) away from your computer at 1920x1200@60 Hz resolution.
The CAT5•1600HD is a KVM extender which extends your DVI and USB 2.0 peripherals up to 200 feet away from your computer using two CAT-5e/CAT6 cables. The CAT5•1600HD includes a built-in 4-port USB 2.0 hub on the receiver unit.
How It Works
The CAT5•1600HD Sender unit sits next to your computer. The cables supplied with the CAT5•1600HD connect a single DVI-D output port and a single USB 2.0 input port on the computer to the Sender unit. The CAT5•1600HD Receiver unit sits next to your DVI display - up to 200 feet away. The display and USB peripherals (a keyboard and mouse, for example) plug into the back of the CAT5•1600HD Receiver unit. One CAT-6 cable for the DVI extension and one CAT-5 cable for the USB 2.0 extension connect the CAT5•1600HD Sender and the CAT5•1600HD Receiver units to each other. External 5V power adapters are connected to available wall jacks and then to the Sender and Receiver units. Power is applied, and a crisp picture appears on the display.
The CAT5•1600HD is HDCP compliant.
- Extends DVI-compliant devices 200 feet (60 meters) from the computer at 1920x1200
- Extends USB 2.0 compliant devices up to 300 feet
- DVI is transmitted in digitally for zero signal loss over CAT6-a cable
- Supports resolutions up to 1080p and 2K
- Supports DDWG standard for DVI compliant monitors
- Includes rack ears