The Pro Co IT1 Isolation Transformer Unit provides an easy-to-use, high-quality solution for interface problems that demand the high degree of electrical isolation that only a transformer can provide. Transformer isolation minimizes interference from SCR lighting dimmers, radio transmitters and 60 Hz AC power wiring with a common-mode voltage range that makes it far more forgiving of improper connections or fault conditions than any electronically balanced or “differential” transformerless circuit. This makes transformer-floated outputs essential for safeguarding portable sound reinforcement systems and installations. Sound system technicians can use the IT1 to break ground loops between pieces of equipment connected with unbalanced lines (for instance, to float the unbalanced output of a mixer that must drive long cables connected to power amplifier inputs). For musicians, the IT1 is a line level direct box for connecting line-level sound modules, samplers and the like to “live” or recording mixers, providing a floating output without the voltage stepdown of a high-to-low impedance conversion. For broadcast and ENG, the IT1 is a handy unit for deriving a remote feed from a press conference or meeting room public address system.
- True floating transformer isolation for unbalanced line-level outputs
- Input, output and loop-through XLR and 1/4" (6.3mm) phone jack connections
- Can be used as line-level direct box
- Ideal for portable and permanent sound systems
- High-quality transformer-isolated output
- Pro Co "Uni-Box" construction provides protection and EMI/RFI shielding