The Pro Co TradeTools IT8A Isolation Transformer Unit provides eight high-quality 1:1 line-level output transformers for applications requiring the high degree of electrical isolation only transformers can provide. The primary applications for the IT8A are in sound reinforcement systems where it may be necessary to break ground loops between pieces of equipment connected with unbalanced lines. For instance, the IT8A can be used to float the unbalanced outputs of an active crossover unit that must drive long cables connected to power amplifier inputs. Transformer isolation in such situations minimizes interference from SCR lighting dimmers, radio transmitters and 60 Hz AC power wiring. Furthermore, the common-mode voltage range of a transformer makes it far more forgiving of improper connections or fault conditions than any electronically balanced or differential transformerless circuit. This makes transformer-floated outputs essential for safeguarding portable sound reinforcement systems and installations.
- True floating transformer isolation for unbalanced line-level outputs
- 8 channels in a single rack space
- input and output XLR connectors
- ideal for portable and permanent sound systems
- High-quality transformer isolated output
- Pro Co "Uni-Box" construction provides protection and EMI/RFI shielding