The MADI-2 card expands the ADAM system configuration capabilities by utilizing MADI (Multi-channel Audio Digital Interface) technology to connect any AES-10 compliant device over coaxial or fiber connections at sampling rates of 44.1kHz and 48kHz.
The MADI-2 is fully scalable, allowing 16 to 64 channels of audio in and out. It supports hot-swapping and can be configured through the RTS AZedit configuration software.
The MADI-2 card allows audio connections between intercom frames or other MADI devices, and has an RS-232/485 serial connection for serial pass-thru port connections. It also supports an optional fiber connection that allows for both multi-mode and single mode options with a range up to 9.32 miles (15 km) between ADAM frames.
- MADI-2 is hot-swappable and installs in any available slot in an ADAM Intercom System
- Includes an RJ-45 connection for an RS-232 or RS-485 pass-thru serial port
- Provides 16 to 64 individually addressable audio channels
- Each initial MADI card has 16 channels, with additional channels available for purchase in increments of 16
- Word Clock and TV interfaces allow seamless synchronization of many different audio sources
- With a Fiber Optic connection, the MADI-2 provides up to 9.32 miles or 15 km between ADAM systems
- MADI-2 supports supplemental data control for use with the RTS’ intelligent trunking
- Pass-thru serial port provides a virtual serial connection over a MADI connection using an RJ-45 connection
- Adjustable I/O gain, using AZedit Intercom Configuration software
- Adjust the I/O gain from -20dB to 20dB in increments of .5dB